Andrew loves the kitchen. When he recently figured out how to push aside the gated play yard that we had been using as a barrier to the kitchen, we had to upgrade our childproofing. Andrew was not pleased that so many of his favorite drawers and cabinets were rendered inaccessible to him. He still cruises up to them and pulls at them repeatedly, all the while whining and looking at me plaintively. He has a dedicated cupboard filled with plastic bowls and ice cube trays, which he likes, but nothing beats the refrigerator. And I don’t mean the little magnet set of singing farm animals that he received for his birthday. Oh no, those he plays with for a moment and then throws violently to the floor. (I am sure that magnet set will soon go the way of his music table, the electronics of which did not take kindly to Andrew drooling and spitting up on them.) No, Andrew delights in the colorful, lighted wonder that is the inside of the refrigerator. He squeals and makes a beeline for it when he hears me opening it, and is nonplussed when I remove him to a more appropriate play space. Once his strength increases, I do not doubt we’ll be back at Babies R Us for a refrigerator lock.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Kitchen Adventures
Andrew loves the kitchen. When he recently figured out how to push aside the gated play yard that we had been using as a barrier to the kitchen, we had to upgrade our childproofing. Andrew was not pleased that so many of his favorite drawers and cabinets were rendered inaccessible to him. He still cruises up to them and pulls at them repeatedly, all the while whining and looking at me plaintively. He has a dedicated cupboard filled with plastic bowls and ice cube trays, which he likes, but nothing beats the refrigerator. And I don’t mean the little magnet set of singing farm animals that he received for his birthday. Oh no, those he plays with for a moment and then throws violently to the floor. (I am sure that magnet set will soon go the way of his music table, the electronics of which did not take kindly to Andrew drooling and spitting up on them.) No, Andrew delights in the colorful, lighted wonder that is the inside of the refrigerator. He squeals and makes a beeline for it when he hears me opening it, and is nonplussed when I remove him to a more appropriate play space. Once his strength increases, I do not doubt we’ll be back at Babies R Us for a refrigerator lock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment