Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Birthday Boy

Andrew celebrated turning four by going bowling with his best friend and then having lunch together at our house.  He was so excited!

It was his second time bowling -- the first time was 5 months ago on Cape Cod.  I am astonished looking back at the Cape picture how much younger he looked then.  I think he grew about 2 inches this fall.


Besides bowling, the celebration had a Thomas the Train theme.  I once again scoured the internet for a cake design that I could manage with my limited skills and minimal cake decorating tools:



My favorite part of the Thomas theme was "Pin the Funnel on Thomas."  The blindfold cracks me up.  The boys loved it and Andrew was happy that he got to mimic a party game that he read about in The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Birthday. Apparently this has been a very influential book on him -- he recently subjected his aunt and uncle to a round of musical chairs in our dining room because it had looked like so much fun in the book.


His big present from us was a new bicycle.  We managed to find a brief window between snow storms and deep freezes to try it out this week.  The best part about it is it comes with a little tool kit mounted on the front to tune up your bike.  Andrew was very diligent about checking his tire pressure and tightening up several bolts.


No comments:

Post a Comment