Somehow Andrew has become very interested in McDonald's lately. Apropos of nothing, he recently asked me, "Mommy, did you know in Lancaster [home of his grandparents] there's a restaurant called McDonald's?" The question amused me greatly. I said that I was aware, and while I did not immediately volunteer the fact that there is a McDonald's 0.5 mi from our house, upon further questioning I admitted this to be true. Now he is pointing out the golden arches everywhere we go and this morning he suggested we eat lunch at "Farmer Donald's," momentarily confusing the restaurant and the song.
I could live with some occasional "chicken" nuggets and french fries, but what really makes me reluctant to go to McDonald's is the happy meal prizes. Andrew *never* lets go of a single toy, however cheap and useless. He still inquires after the New Year's eve horn that I threw out after the mouthpiece became both chewed up and covered in dirt (don't ask) and the cardboard horn was dissolving from spittle.
No comments:
Post a Comment