Today Andrew and I attacked the rampant weeds in our front garden (if you can call it that) to try to free up the tulips that have been languishing there all spring. Between my overly aggressive weeding and Andrew's trampling, I am not sure the tulips are any healthier, but at least it looks marginally better.
This is actually the "after" picture, drooping tulips and all. The holes scattered behind the tulips are courtesy of Andrew.
And here is my gardening assistant:
For awhile, Andrew was watering the tulips, but I put the kibosh on that when I found I was spending 90% of my time refilling his little watering can. This led to my favorite Andrew quote of the afternoon (if not of all time):
Me: Can you just use your imagination to water the plants?
Andrew: I don't have imagination!
Me: Oh no. Where did your imagination go?
Andrew: It blew away in the wind.
OK Andrew, I stand corrected. You don't have an imagination.

No comments:
Post a Comment