Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vacation Part 2 - Chicago!

I've been dying to visit Chicago for years, so an EP board review course for Greg was just the excuse.  We arrived early and had a glorious fall day to tour the city together via boat and on foot.

Our boat tour guide pointed out Ferris Bueller's dad's office building.  I was pretty excited.
Andrew in midair, bounding up and down the bridge to the Art Institute:

Our favorite site was undoubtedly the bean sculpture in Millenium Park.  We have 74 pictures that are variations on the ones below.  Andrew really got a kick out of it, but truthfully Greg and I were equally enthralled.






Partway through our tour we bought Andrew a little firetruck at a souvenir stand.  The fire engine is now well-acquainted with all of Chicago's top tourist destinations.


 
 While making our way to Buckingham Fountain below, we crossed the street in
front of an actual Chicago firetruck and all the firefighters honked and waved at Andrew.

While Greg was in class Friday-Sunday, Andrew and I visited the Children's Museum at Navy Pier as well as the aquarium and river front with my cousin and his two children.  Andrew tore through the aquarium exclaiming, "I found another fish!"  The three of them were absolutely giddy during a "4D" Planet Earth movie, featuring rumbling seats, wind, and even a little mist.  The kids couldn't believe that an elephant had the gall to spray them.  I am just glad we weren't thrown out of the film because Andrew wouldn't stop wondering aloud, "What's going to happen?!"


No comments:

Post a Comment