Andrew, Carrie and I went to the lovely Morris Arboretum today, and celebrated Father's Day while we were there. Free access to the Arboretum for Penn employees makes it a pretty good deal for us, so Carrie and I treat it like a very nice park and visit whenever the mood strikes us.

Andrew gave me a very nice photo book as a Father's day gift, to remind me of all the cute photos that he's posed for over the past year.

He had a blast with the model trains, and spent about half an hour pointing excitedly at the trains as they chugged past, and tried in vain to chase them down. He's fast, but not fast enough apparently.

We couldn't get him to smile for a photo--he was very serious carefully watching all the trains.

He and the little girl next to him learned where this train came out of the tunnel--they spent quite some time waiting expectantly for the next pass.

Andrew also spied the resident groundhog who we frequently see ambling about the arboretum. I first saw this guy in 2003 and spent some time chasing after him myself. I nick-named him 'Morris,' and always keep an eye out for him when we visit. It's nice to see that Andrew is following in his daddy's footsteps and diligently chasing after poor hapless wild animals....

Of course, we couldn't get through without Andrew spending some quality time with the various fountains. It may look like I'm tossing him into the fountain here, but I assure you I'm restraining him from plunging in headlong. Carrie and I took him to the pool and let him splash around in his kiddie pool later today so he could get his fill of playing in the water.

The rare family photo from a passerby who isn't afraid to try using a DSLR camera.

It was a great day for us--hope it was the same for all the fathers out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment