Friday, July 16, 2010

6 month stats

Andrew paid a visit to the pediatrician today and had the time of his young life kicking, grabbing, and marching on the paper covering the exam table. I believe I successfully prevented him from eating it, but that took a lot of effort. As I pried him away and surveyed the utter destruction he had wrought in just a few short minutes -- it was truly an impressive heap of crinkled, shredded, drooled on paper -- I felt like one of those parents who let their child run wild in someone else's house. For shame. Luckily they have rolls of the stuff.

Anyway, we learned that Andrew is taller than 88% of his peers at 28 inches or "two foot four," as I think I'll call it. He's catching up to the curve in terms of weight at 17 lbs 3 oz (36th percentile). And this can only keep up, now that we have to go-ahead to add a 3rd meal to his day, including soft solids like yogurt, cottage cheese and pureed meats. Pureed meats....yummy.

Here is Andrew enjoying his jumperoo post-appointment -- those 3 scream-inducing shots a distant memory.

1 comment:

  1. What a champ and a cutie!!! He is adorable!!!! Maggie is just getting to 28 inches (or one doc said 28 and another said 27 3/4) but either way - she is 14 months. Andrew is soaring ahead and saying, "See ya Maggie"... ;) Not to mention the whole weight thing. I am drooling myself at wishing Maggie hit 17. She just loves 16 - might be those Sweet Sixteen shows we catch her watching. ;) Note: we are not really watching those. ;) But enjoy the yogurt. And the pureeed meats. Delicious. Are teeth coming in??? I hope we can all get together soon! :) Sue

    ReplyDelete