Thursday, June 10, 2010

Story time

Greg and I have enjoyed reading to Andrew since he was just a couple of weeks old. It was a nice mellow activity for awhile. Lately, however, he gets all excited and tries to eat his books. But that's fun too.

I never really thought I was crazy about Goodnight Moon, but Andrew received a (very tasty) copy from my mother recently and I just love it. Is there a better line in American literature than, "Goodnight nobody. Goodnight mush."? I think not.

On the other hand, I have become very disillusioned about Mother Goose. She was awfully abusive to the children in her nursery rhymes. For example, did you remember that the Old Lady in the Shoe, eventually figured out "what to do" with all her kids: she whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed. Sheesh! I'll be glossing over those parts, Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment